Other Useful Links and Information
- The med school's website has all sorts of curricular and student services information: http://www.wakehealth.edu/school/
- A couple of current students have a woman that comes by to clean their apartment on a weekly or biweekly basis. Her name is Vickie Foster and she charges $10 an hour. She will have you buy your own supplies, but for the cost of going out to dinner or a beer or two a week or every other week she will leave your place spotless. She is a godsend to have come by during test weeks or if you have pets -- giving her $20 to leave your place spotless is worth it when you can't find the time to sweep your floor. She'll also do dishes and fold laundry if you ask (or she sees it needs to be done). Contact info -- email@example.com
- WFSM 2013 Admissions bulletin: http://www.wakehealth.edu/uploadedFiles/User_Content/SchoolOfMedicine/MD_Program/Admissions/Assets/Admissions_Bulletin_2013.pdf
you play frisbee, there’s a great Ultimate crowd here- summer league
and also pickup twice a week throughout the year at Hanes Park on
Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Remember to still do other things you enjoy and talk to the people who are important to you. You don’t have to study 24/7 to do well. You’ll work hard, but need a life outside med school too.
WF campus has an intramural league for graduate students that the
medical students often compete in - they are pretty cheap for each
season (~$5/person) and typically last 4-6 weeks. There are tons of
sports - flag football, soccer, dodgeball, water polo, basketball,
ultimate frisbee, softball, etc. Super fun and a great way to bond with
your classmates! http://campusrec.studentlife.wfu.edu/intramural/
- Places to go for vaccines and STD checks in case you need it, hey never a bad idea if you need it: Your doctor (WFSM will automatically assign you one), Forsyth County Health Dept, WFSM's travel clinic (for vaccines)
- You're gonna have a lot of electronic equipment in your place. You might want to consider getting a security system. If you want advice on getting a good deal on one, talk to Nick Coman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Neal Miller (email@example.com), and Matt Rohlfing (firstname.lastname@example.org). They worked out a fantastic deal for theirs that is very reasonably priced.